Monday, March 10, 2014

What's On and Off the Needles.......................

It has been a slow winter for knitting-- just couldn't get my "mojo' going to do any knitting.
This was a mystery FLG (finger less glove) pattern that popped up on my radar in January--I found some handspun wool/silk blend and cast on

And then they just were put aside

Finally!  picked them up and finished them off--nice warm mittens

I like the design

I began this 'swing' cowl just because--to see what all the fuss was about this technique

Not handspun, but stash yarn--this is an different technique of doing short rows, but I lost interest after I knew how it worked.  Has that ever happen to you?

I requested this book for Christmas gift and it got buried under all my other paperwork until just recently, so we began with lesson One

which was to string 150 beads onto your ribbon (thank goodness for stash yarns!) It took awhile to string all those beads and I learned a short cut way of doing it after several other unsuccessful means........................take it from me--dental floss is the way to go when stringing beads! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...