Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Here a Stitch, There a Stitch--Back to Knitting!

It has been a slow knitting time--I don't know why.  Maybe, because it has been summer.  Maybe, it was because my hands were tired and needed a rest!  Or Maybe, it's because I was down right lazy!  But, now that cooler weather is here................................no, that's not the reason--it is because Christmas is in three months!!  And I need these done, finished, completed, over with, accomplished, wrapped and ready for gift giving!!!
 
 
This neat little hat used two balls of wool--these are handspun wool bits that I found in my stash.


I'm on a mission to use only my stash--and all handspun, if possible

Here is a finished man's hat and scarf set!! Hurrah!  One set down and how many more to go???

I alternated two colors of wool here--seems to work for me! 

Okay, I have one man's scarf finished--must get to that hat soon.............................

For this scarf, it is all the same yarn--and you know, on these long scarves, it gets rather boring to knit--another reason why it takes me so long to knit!

Another gal's hat down!!  This one is silk--also, have the fingerless gloves finished too--

Still need to make the scarf--really thinking about this one long and hard--I want something exciting to knit........................................and we move on to
Scarf in a box!  Okay, this isn't handspun but it's been aged--only for a year, but it was in my stash--everything you need to make this scarf was in the box--silk yarn and silk scarf--all dyed to match

Knitting this up was --boooooring-------but look how the works with the silk scarf woven in and out of the sections

So many ways you could wear this scarf too--with or without the silk.  Okay, we are looking to get busy--real busy as we count down the days...............................................
What's on your agenda for gift giving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

L M N

 Love! Love! Love! Knitting Lace!  On marvelous needles!  This is Stephen West pattern, Glittering Snowscapes shawl I’ve had the pattern for...