Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What is Brioche Anyway?

What?  Brioche?  Is it a French Pastry?~ Well, Yes!  Here is a recipe!    What the heck is Brioche besides a French Pastry?
I came across this term the other day--in knitting, no less and I wonder--how can I use Brioche?  Do I even know how to knit Brioche?  That led to more investigation work-=(I think I was meant to be a detective!)  
Cast on a number of stitches evenly divisible by 3
Every row: YO, Sl 1, K2tog, repeat to end
The brioche stitch is actually a combination of stitches, forming a ribbed pattern in knitting through a specific repetition of stitches. The brioche stitch is a somewhat advanced knitting pattern. You should be comfortable with all of the basic knitting techniques before attempting it. Once you master the basic brioche stitch, you can branch out into two-color brioche patterns. Brioche stitches will bring a unique texture to your knitted items from socks to sweaters.
 Here is the chart, if you prefer.....................................................

Oh My Gosh--there is even one color, two color, half stitch--all Brioche!  You could spend a whole life at knitting this interesting stitch.  Here is a cool Scarf pattern.

How about learning this technique as your stitch for the day?  Well, now that I know what Brioche knitting is, I think I'm going to try my hand at baking a Brioche!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...