Monday, October 5, 2015

Ancient Stitch

Recently, I saw a knitted scarf pattern from Purl Bee that was called Ancient Stitch Scarf.  This was interesting--as supposedly, ancient stitch was called Dora-Europos, named after the Syrian town situated along the banks of Euphrates River.  This textile was the earliest known 'knitted' piece of fiber that had survived from that time period.

I love the fact that the designer took inspiration from this piece to knit a soft, comfy scarf.  Upon my further investigation, scholars think that this isn't knitting but NÃ¥lebinding.  Below is the main stitch--using only one needle instead of two.  Is it worth a try?  I don't know--I think I like the knitted version better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Can’t!!

 It’s been almost two weeks since time change and I just can’t get my body turned around to adjust.  I know it’s only an hour BUT it’s that ...