Saturday, March 26, 2016

Just Had To Try It.

No matter how old I am, I love dyeing Easter eggs!  I do the standard dyes that you buy at the store;  I've used cake dyeing stuff; marbling techniques, but when I read about this, I just had to try it!
Does it work?  I'll see for myself.
It takes silk ties--so, I hurry to my hubby's tie selection (he doesn't bother to wear ties anymore) to see if he has any silk ties.  There are plenty to choose from but here are the four I chose.

I'm thinking these will be more colorful for this experiment

These don't look too bad either

So, I take 6 fresh eggs, wrap the tie portions around them tightly.

And not to let the silk dyes run onto the other eggs, I tie up with plain muslin.  Put the eggs into a pan, cover with water, add 1/4 cup vinegar and set to simmer on the stoves for 20 minutes.
Here's the outcome after letting the eggs cool and dry.............

Not bad, not good either

I liked this one

I thought this tie would give more color, so did two eggs--it's okay

Here is my favorite--I was right, this Beatle tie covered the eggs with color!
Okay, I tried it and it sort of worked--it was fun to experiment; now,
back to getting out my store bought dyes--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...