Saturday, April 9, 2016

Ice, Ice, Baby...............!

Okay, here we go!  Take some Ice, Baby!  Some goofy items for resist, rubber bands, a big bucket and you're ready to dye some interesting fabric.
I found some of hubby's practice golf balls
and some cotton men's handkerchiefs (perfect for table napkins) 

and I'm off to the races!

Tied them all up, covered them with ice

sprinkled some fiber reactive dyes over the ice

more dyes and let this sit for 3 days--that was the hardest thing to do!
and it came time to empty the bucket, rinse the fabric, untie the golf balls
to see what results I had.


I think I sprinkled too much yellow--it took over the blues

but, there were some interesting colors distributed

The silk on the right took up much of the blue dyes


Here is a you tube video that shows a time relapse of someone's ice dyeing
Want some helpful hints?  check out Dharma Trading
My next adventure will be fabric on a rack.
Have fun--it's time to play!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Pancakes!

 Yes!  Pancakes and peppered bacon!  Perfect breakfast!  On the Patio!  Pancakes can be for morning meal in your P Js or evening dinner in y...