Monday, July 25, 2016

Mordants??

Are you a dyer?  Either Chemical or Natural dyer?  There was a great blog post about using mordants in the dye baths recently and I thought this answered many a question about how these chemical mordants assist in dyeing.
For years, I used chrome in my natural dyeing baths--it gave such sharp colors
to some plants--it was only necessary to use a very small amount.
But, after much research, I safely discarded my chrome products.

Iron--well, why not use an old iron pot or skillet while dyeing?  That's what
I use now--no need to have the mordant on hand

Copper--I used a old copper pipe--
Read the post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...