Saturday, April 8, 2017

I Think I Need A Spreadsheet....................................

spread·sheet
ˈspredˌSHēt/                 
noun
  1. 1.

    an electronic document in which data is arranged in the rows and columns of a grid and can be manipulated and used in calculations.

    "we have a color-coded Excel spreadsheet of all of our trip expenses"
verb
  1. 1.
    use or create a spreadsheet.

My husband is an engineer--enough said if you have a friend, spouse, etc that is also an engineer!  He makes a spread sheet for everything!  and I do mean everything!!

I must say it is one way to keep track of what's going on--but I always give him a hard time about his 'spread sheets'--

he makes a spread sheet for
  •  his tool collection; 
  • the vinyls we have; 
  • songs he likes; 
  • trips we have taken; 
  • wines in stock; 
  • tax receipts 
  • expenses
  • you name it

well, now I'm thinking I need to make a spread sheet for all these projects that are piling up on my table!

Oh, I don't need one to add or subtract numbers I just need one to help me REMEMBER what projects I'm working on or have signed up to do--I need a visual listing!!

Let's see:  there are several quilt projects ++++ knitting projects--each with a beginning and ending date.  Do I have the fabric I need?  Or the yarns to use?  All that could go on a spread sheet.  

 one problem----I don't know if I want to say to the engineer husband- that I'm making a spread sheet-why you ask?

He just might take over MY spread sheet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...