Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Rocky Mountain Quilt Workshop with Cristy Fincher

I took my lunch time between my workshops at Rocky Mountain Quilt Fest to walk through the quilt exhibits and vendors.
 
I didn't have time to stand in line to purchase so took some quick photos of items--future purchases, maybe!  I love Fall--but, just got to stop myself from going there!

I thought these were great 'skinny' wall hangings!

I found this patriotic quilt--thinking this will be a great and easy put together

and another pattern for Quilt of Valor

Here was the great prize winner by Barbara Monroe of Loveland, CO



The blocks were great example of applique

such whimsy! with small pieced quilts

I hope that Barbara will enter this quilt in other exhibits--it deserves many awards!
 
Lunch is over and it's time to head back to class and a workshop with
Paperless Paper Piecing!
Can you believe?  I really do enjoy paper piecing but taking all that paper off the back is time consuming and troublesome, so I thought this would be a great introduction to a different method


We received our pattern--thoughtfully planned out and marked well.
We had selection of fat quarters, took up scissors, pattern and began...........

On doubled freezer paper, our pattern was printed which enabled us to cut what we need to use as templates

Here are the templates we will use

The templates are ironed onto our fabric with 1/4" allowance around--using liquid starch around the edges, we press close to the edge of the template--and place on the back of the layout pattern

and we have a completed square after taking the pieces to the sewing machine and stitching the seams together.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...