Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1--Down the Path of Reflection

Every year for many years when the kids were younger and all living under one roof, I will prepare for the holidays by making something special each day leading up to Christmas.
This year I brought out my old cookbooks and strolled down that reflection path.  With each page flipped, I remember the person who gave me the recipe and how much we enjoyed the flavors and sharing of the moment.
 
This Booklet was from Fall, 1981 when a group of us attended the local newspaper sponsored luncheon.  There were demonstrations and tasting, of course! 
 
Here is one of my favorite recipes from that time and place==pickled eggs!
And here is the recipe that I made as gifts--
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...