Friday, December 5, 2014

December 5--A Gift For You and Me


One of my dear friends from late 1970's gave me this recipe and it has remained a staple in our refrigerator ever since.
When you need a good salsa--this is the one.  We have spent hundreds of dollars on store bought salsas--red ones, green ones, roasted ones, fruit salsas, but we always come back to this one recipe as our favorite.
You can make it as spicy or as mild as you want.  It's great with tortilla chips or over enchiladas.
And I'm a sucker for Tex-Mex food!  Give me a fresh tortilla, pinto beans and this salsa and I'm happy as a lark!

I've bottled this recipe at times for gifts--give it a water bath so the jars seal; tie with a neat ribbon with the recipe and you'll have thankful friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...