Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8--Candy Making

Divinity Candy!  Melt in your mouth delicious!  But, I never made it--I was never good at making candy.  If I tried my hand at fudge, it would become a soupy mess and we had to eat it with a spoon!  So, when I met this lady, she gave me this recipe from her kitchen and said "Try it.  It's an easy recipe. Just don't make it on a damp day"!  Well, we lived in Louisiana--when most days are damp!  So I never tried it!  But, let me tell you......................
Minnie's Divinity Candy was awesome!    I still bring out the recipe every year and remember Minnie and how she challenged those damp days and won with her divinity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...