Sunday, June 7, 2015

Ode to Loom

 
There comes a day when you just have to let go...................
You need to say good-bye to an favorite friend
A friend that has served you well
But, it is time for this friend to move on
and make someone else happy
and serve them well.
 
I'm saying good-bye to my 8 Harness Macomber Loom--

It has been working well, weaving many wearables, towels, rugs, etc.

There has been the happy sound of moving shafts

The tromping rhythm of the treadles

We have warped many a thread through those heddles

Oh, yes, there is tears in my eyes and sadness in my heart
It is time for #5816 to move from my home to another.
Good-bye good friend--you will be missed!  But, loved by someone else.
Happy tromping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...