Thursday, May 19, 2016

53 Years!

Today is our 53rd wedding anniversary!  Yes, 53 years with the SAME man!  unbelieveable!  If someone would have told me when I was younger that I would have been with the same person that long-I would have laughed in their face!  "Me?  Not me!"

It has been ups and downs over the years, but I think that is what makes us stronger--celebrating each day to the fullest, even when he throws his dirty laundry on the floor, doesn't take out the trash, falls asleep in front of my favorite TV show, grumbles about shopping, and says "whatever" when asked what he wants for dinner.  Sometimes, he irritates me to no end!!  Of course, there is no way I can irritate him~~ I'm perfect!! Yes, he has his faults, but he's always there for me and the family!

We have grown comfortable in our skins together--
                                                                      Happy Anniversary!


1 comment:

  1. Love that you are so honest and kind!!!
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...