Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Pooling Party........................

Let's go pooling!  Not a real swimming pool, but a yarn pool.  There are several patterns
on Ravelry that uses variegated yarns.  How to pool your yarn? And why?
Twist Collective has an excellent article on how and why--I know it takes 
some math figuring and I'm not the greatest at math, but, this looks like
an adventure in knitting.

What is pooling?  This all began with crochet method of changing the way
yarns work up.  There is a way you can make the variegated yarn colors
create patterns in your work.  Here is video on knitting to pool.

In one way, this is all very interesting and intriguing--I know I need someone to hold my hand,
hence, there will be a KAL with
You can find her basic DaVinci Cowl pattern on Ravelry; take a look on
Pinterest and/or join her Facebook group here.  Her knit along
begins April 1.

First, I need to find a good variegated yarn that will work with this technique--
does that mean I can buy, buy, buy?  

She also has KAL for Rhapsody which begins May 1.
This is a 30% discount on the pattern now through end of April
if you wish to join in this KAL.  I'm thinking if my yarn
for DaVinci doesn't work for pooling, I can use it for Rhapsody.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...