Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wool Applique

I joined a couple Wool groups--but, frankly, I don't know what I'm doing
with wool.  I'm following along with experienced folks who
give me hints on how to handle these patterns.

Live Each Season Block of the Month--it's block 4 already and
I'm just now getting to block one! I like the theme
seasons of the year, but I've really got to get more knowledge
how to get these pieces to work on my fabric

So, what is the best way to learn?  Go to Youtube

Here are instructions on using fusible web--but that didn't really work for me?  This is putting
wool to fabric, but I want to put wool to wool.
Here is one that uses freezer paper for applique--now, this might work for my projects.

This is baskets Quilts by Cheri ~ Friendship Group
on Facebook--just search for this group if you are
interested.  I tried to do this basket with paper piecing--
sort of worked--I was lazy and didn't draw off the
pattern with seam allowance.  Next basket block
I'll be not so lazy!!

Here is a free wool project from Primitive Gatherings--
very patriotic--monthly work along.
Off I go to work on my wool applique!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...