Thursday, August 17, 2017

Marled Yarns




The challenge is to spin this fiber into yarn--and present
a completed project in January 2018 at our annual spin-in

I'm looking at this fiber thinking--I don't want to spin each roving
separately--I'm going for that marled yarn look

Spin a little white, spin a little black, spin a little tan--no
rhyme or reason to the pattern

Then ply--here is the look on the bobbin

and in a ball--Now, let me tell you--I have been spinning this
'marled' yarn for years!  Every since I was spindle spinning silk and
had all these little balls of spun silk--how do you use them individually?
you take 2 or 3 or 4 and ply them together and get
Marled yarn!!  

Marled yarns are formed by twisting together plies of different colors. The result is a single strand of yarn with multiple colors winding around one another.Marled yarns can be made from any number of plies—two, three, four, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...