Monday, September 11, 2017

In The Midst of Chaos.........................

In the midst of Hurricane Harvey and Irma,  I've tried to keep my hands and
mind occupied with various things.  And today I don't even want to think about the date........
September 11--2001.  Memories roll back into your mind--and we shall never forget!

I found this in my stash pile--a magazine with fabric--yes,
I know where I bought it--Paducah, KY--the one time I went to
the quilt show there!  absolutely, a fun time!  and I bought so many fabrics
at such great prices!  This is certainly aged--from 2008! 

This bundle was a special price so I picked it up--thinking, I'm not really found
of poinsettias but maybe someone would like it.

So here is the book with pattern and all the fabric to go with it--
I'm set.  Open book, find pattern, read and begin

Looking at the photo, I thought maybe all those lovely 12 blocks
with poinsettias were appliqued--by hand--but once I finally
read the notes--nope, it's machine applique--whew! relief!
Then, it's trace all the patterns onto fusible, cut and press 

I usually cut out the big areas in order to have a less stiff
application--these little cut outs got somewhat 'squirrely' 
when I was trying to lay them out to press--
but, all 24 were accomplished--thats' 12 in red and 12 in pink.

There is more cutting--I can do that when I'm listening to a book or
watching a sappy movie--look rather elegant once laid out.
Now, just press on background fabric and begin hem stitching--
soon we'll have a completed quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...