Monday, October 23, 2017

Log Cabins--In A Quilt

My very first quilt was a log cabin--made from old fabric scraps--mostly
a mixture of cotton/poly--this is how I was led by my mother-in-law.
I had no quilt background and she had some knowledge so I 
followed her advice.  She said log cabin pattern was the easiest one to
sew up--so, I did!  I still have that quilt to this day! 
I haven't made a log cabin quilt since.........
when I saw this posting, I thought it would be the perfect
timing--

Sheri is making a Christmas quilt and she uses 
Creative Grids 8" Log Cabin Trim Tool, which can be
found on various websites.  This is a new tool to me--
maybe, this will make that perfect block you want
in you log cabin.

I'm thinking scrappy blocks--to use up my stash. 
Are you interested in building a log cabin of your own?

Beginning every Tuesday through end of November, there will be a posting on
a quilting life blog.  The strips, dark and light, are cut 1.75" wide by width of fabric.  The
center square is 2" x 2".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...