Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Okay, I did It!

Okay, I finally got around to winding that warp for dish towels that we are
weaving for an exchange.  Maybe one or two of these towels will go to a
flood victim--

8/2 cotton cones of various colors from my stash

I did have a small amount of a green so wound that till it
ran out--it will make a small pop along with the turquoise

6 yards on the board--some of this will be lost to heading
and ending, but I do have an old warp on that I can tie onto to
save some of the warp.

Pulled through the reed dents--20epi=20 ends to the inch--
I think this will make a thirsty towel.  I like the colors
and now to decide how to thread for pattern.  I'm leaning
to Bird's eye twill--I want a recipe that will allow me to 
change up the weaving pattern.  Upon further investigation,
This pattern does not allow for plain weave--now, I'm going with Rosepath-
1-2-3-4-1-4-3-2-1
Now, I'm close to being warped--but, small hitch in the plan
to thread the heddles--my right wrist went painful--think it's the
winding motion of the warping--back and forth.  I am old, as my
son said to me when I said my wrist was aching!
thanks son!  I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...