Sunday, December 10, 2017

Christmas Season Recipe

Sorry--I didn't post the recipe for my Christmas cookies!
This recipe is at least 40 years old--don't remember
where I picked it up or found it--

I have such miss shaped cookie cutters--the kids had a 
big laugh trying to figure out what shape they were eating!

Oh, well--  here is my 'old' recipe:
2 cups shortening (I know! but don't use butter!)
3 cups sugar (sometimes I use a little less--or maybe
I'm not so precise in my measuring)
4 eggs
1 tsp nutmeg (fresh grated is the best!)
1 tsp vanilla or almond flavoring--I think the almond over powers
the nutmeg
6-7 cups flour

Beat sugar and shortening together till creamy!  Beat in eggs, add vanilla
now add dry ingredients--flour, nutmeg, vanilla
Add flour till it forms a stiff dough--form into a ball, wrap in
plastic wrap and chill at least one hour!
But, in my case, I chilled a week--forgot about the dough..........
roll out and cut into shapes.
Here is my little secret--I use powdered or confectioners sugar
instead of flour to roll out--
bake at 400* 8-10 minutes, but each oven is different.
And don't forget that last batch in the oven
like I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

L M N

 Love! Love! Love! Knitting Lace!  On marvelous needles!  This is Stephen West pattern, Glittering Snowscapes shawl I’ve had the pattern for...