Friday, February 16, 2018

Color At My Fingertips

The loom is warp ready and I've placed colorful fibers to
brighten up a rather gloomy time.  I have certain shuttles that
I like to use--the one on the right is my favorite--a gift from
CHT board members when I retired as President--
it glides nicely across the 8/2 cotton threads. 

Each of these towels will use a different weft color--purple pops across
the orange/red warp

A little blue too makes my heart sing with delight as I
throw the shuttle--heres to a treadling good day as 
the warp progresses on the front beam.


Another towel is humming along-----wait! there is one big
glaring mistake!!  Somehow, the weft didn't cross the warp in
a few pieces--guess what?  It's time to rippppppp back to the 
mistake!

Oh well, I found this before I took the warp off the loom.
!
Whew!  off the loom!  Look at all those weft ends that
need to be darned back into the warp--handwork for sure!

I'm happy with the results from this warp--when I'm weaving
I'm thinking about the next warp--
each warp in my mind will change as I progress on the
loom-- I will leave plenty of warp, so if I choose
I can tie on the next warp--
Happy treadling y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

J K

How about Jokes that begin with letter K?  Here goes! Knock, knock. Who’s there? You. You who? Yoo-hoo! Anybody home? Knock, knock. Who’s th...